If you love providing world-class customer service, interacting with diverse customers, and are looking for a fulfilling career with immense opportunity, look no further! DISH’s 9 U.S.-based Customer Experience Centers provide award-winning service to millions of customers throughout the nation. Customer Experience Representatives act as excellent information resources for billing, programming and troubleshooting questions including suggesting ways for existing customers to get the most value and enjoyment from their DISH experience.
Work at Home (WAH) Customer Experience Representatives are responsible for resolving customer issues, preventing future callbacks through amazing customer service and intuition into customer needs, and promoting the award-winning products (like the Hopper w/ Sling) and services (like PrimeTime AnyTime) while operating at maximum efficiency and with the utmost professional courtesy.
Primary responsibilities fall within the following categories:
• Supports Tier 1 technical support and customer service phone support for external customers
• This support can be, but is not limited to, entertainment services and products, hardware systems/accessories, and customer service inquiries regarding technical support, billing, and general information requests
• Payments and Billing - accept payments by a variety of methods, offer self-serve payment solutions, explain charges and credits on the customer’s bill, and resolve complex billing scenarios
• Product features - assist customers with pay-per-view orders, change programming packages, equipment upgrades, and educate customers about the many features of DISH’s award-winning products
• Sales - use a consultative approach to educate and offer existing customers additional programming, and promote products and services to enhance their DISH experience
• Accurately respond to questions and assist customers (internal and external) with product features, installation, setup, and troubleshooting and hardware operations primarily via phone
A WAH Technical Support Representative performs the job duties and responsibilities above as well as the following essential job functions:
• Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays, and evenings
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Ability to regularly sit for long periods of time
• Ability to multi-task; speaking with customer while accurately logging and recording customer information in to call center databases
• Take back-to-back phone calls from DISH internal customers nationwide and assist them with questions regarding work order modifications, equipment modifications, as well as activation of customer services
• Meet or exceed minimum performance standards including but not limited to Average Handle Time; Customer Satisfaction; Quality, Up-selling, etc. You will be constantly measured on these metrics
• Deescalate upset or irate customers to satisfactorily address their customer service needs
WE PROUDLY OFFER A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE:
We need driven individuals who can adapt as we continue to grow and who are motivated to advance while taking on new responsibilities. We love to promote employees from within and have several career path opportunities to choose from
A successful WAH Technical Support Representative will have the following:
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
• Six-months related customer service/technical support experience and/or training preferred
• Analytical and intuitive; capable of following logic and then making the instinctive leap to a solution; problem solving, and critical thinking skills are essential
• Proficiently utilize Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, 10) and internet search engines
• Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees of the organization
• Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong sense of professionalism and active listening skills
• Ability to problem solve and use available software/tools to understand and craft the right solution across varying customer needs, business rules, and processes
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a remote location
Hardware & Internet Minimum Specifications
All technology requirements (below) must be met and maintained by the employee to remain employed and in good standing. This includes connectivity and keeping hardware in good working condition. DISH recommends you check the computer you plan to use for work to ensure it has all video and USB ports to connect the required devices. All costs to meet and maintain these requirements, including repairs, Internet/ISP and mobile charges, are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by DISH, except where required by law.
All accessories must be wired without use of adapters, docks or dongles
Home Internet Requirements
Mobile Device Capable of
DISH will make every effort to determine compatibility with our systems, but due to the variation of each user’s workstation we cannot guarantee operability.
Data and Usage Caps
DISH prefers that At Home agents do not have bandwidth or data cap on Internet usage (caps lower than 250GB are not recommended). At Home agents are responsible for managing their data usage in a way that does not impact ISP connectivity, and they will be responsible for paying any overage charges associated with exceeding a cap.
At Home agents are expected to have 99% uptime.
Home Environment and Work Space
Agents need to have a dedicated workspace as the home office (preferably a separate room) and are responsible for maintaining the workspace in a safe condition, free from hazards and other dangers to people and equipment. Since At Home agents will assist DISH customers over the phone, personal disruptions such as but not limited to children playing, dogs barking, loud music, and non-work-related phone calls are not allowed during scheduled hours. Additionally, dependent care and other family obligations cannot interfere with job duties.
DISH reserves the right to inspect At Home workspaces to ensure business requirements are met. It is essential that At Home agents agree and understand that such inspections are necessary to ensure continuity of DISH’s business and excellent standards of customer service.
At Home agents will be members of a larger virtual team, with support from a supervisor. There will be additional resources available such as help desks and online tools. This is a structured environment and At Home agents will be provided a schedule they must adhere to.